Sure Petcare to Showcase SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect at the 2019 American Association of Feline Practitioners Conference
21st October 2019
Sure Petcare, the pet technology specialist, today announced that it will be showcasing the newest addition to its connected product range, the SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect, at the 2019 American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) Conference, held in San Francisco from October 31 through November 3, 2019.
The conference will focus on complex disease management, particularly exploring feline comorbidities. The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect, which will be on display at booth #24, can detect small changes in cat feeding habits, such as loss of appetite, which can be an indicator of feline health.
The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect records the time and weight of food consumed by a pet each time they eat from the feeder, reporting it directly to the Sure Petcare app. Over time, this enables pet owners to build a comprehensive understanding of their pet’s unique feeding patterns, making it easier for them to spot changes in their pet’s health and well-being earlier than they may otherwise have been able to do so.
The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect also enables owners to personalize their pet’s feeding regime to suit their pet’s unique needs, whether that is to help address a specific health concern, such as obesity, or to establish a consistent and appropriate feeding routine which can benefit all pets. Using the Sure Petcare app, pet owners can specify the weight of a food serving for their pet. Once completed, every time they add food to the bowl, the integrated scales will weigh the food and LEDs on the front of the feeder will indicate when the correct portion weight has been reached.
Once connected to the Sure Petcare app via the Sure Petcare Hub (sold separately) owners can:
- Monitor food consumption: See how much, how often and for how long their pet eats, to get a comprehensive view of their pet’s eating patterns.
- Receive detailed insights: Notice changes in feeding behavior which may be early indicators of illness or behavioral issues.
- Set and manage accurate food portions: Set the portion size and type of food to be served for up to two types of food (e.g., wet and dry). Once portion sizes have been set up in the app, the product’s integrated scales weigh food as it is added to the bowl.
- Gain peace of mind: Check when their pet was last fed and how much food is left in their bowl. This provides great peace of mind when owners are away from home.
- Connect with family and friends: Share access to the app with friends and family, which is ideal for pet sitters and day-to-day care.
- Use with existing Sure Petcare Connect products: Each Hub can connect up to 10 devices within the same household, enabling pet owners to manage all of their Sure Petcare Connect products from the same app account. The Hub also is compatible with the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect and SureFlap Microchip Cat Door Connect.
Ken Lambrecht, DVM, Medical Director, West Towne Veterinary Center and Pets Reducing for Rescues in Madison, Wisconsin, said, “Feline weight management is a critical element to ensure a happy, healthy cat. In my veterinary practice and through my current scientific research, we have found improved compliance and detection by using innovative technology in pet home-health feeding and monitoring. The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect is a game-changing feeder, as it allows pet owners to control and measure food consumption, manage accurate portion size and provide detailed analysis of eating behavior. Changes in feeding behavior can be early indicators of illness, pain and behavioral issues.”